A Most Cunning Development Plan (apologies to Baldrick)
In its eight years of fighting inappropriate planning applications in the Folders Lane Area SOFLAG has never encountered such a cunning one as that submitted by HPW Homes to knock down Greenacres on Keymer Road and replace it with six houses. We believe the submission is an attempt to mislead the public and MSDC that this is a stand-alone, small scale application. IT IS NO SUCH THING.
It is vital for the preservation of the greenfield land to the south of Folders Lane that this application is refused and to this end we need your support in objecting to this inappropriate development, by Friday 13th November. There are several compelling and valid planning arguments why MSDC should refuse permission for this development but MSDC are unlikely to use these unless there is significant local opposition. For that, we need your help.
A draft of a suggested objection letter is below:
Details of the application, reference: DM/15/4076, can be accessed here.
You can submit your objection directly via the ‘comments’ section of the application here.
Our close examination of the proposal reveals the following:
- HPW Homes signed an agreement to sell the property to Thakeham Homes on 16 December 2014.
- On the same day Thakeham Homes bought the three fields to the east of Greenacres.
- Shortly afterwards contractors for Thakeham Homes (illegally, according to MSDC) removed all of the hedging in the three fields as well as a number of mature trees.
- They also felled the very large oak tree at the eastern edge of the Greenacres plot that would have been a barrier to a road going through into the fields.
- As part of their appeal against a replanting order for the hedges imposed on them by MSDC Thakeham Homes stated they will be applying for planning permission to develop the fields using the Greenacres plot as an access.
- It can be seen from the plan submitted as part of the HPW application that the proposed road running through the plot is in reality intended as the access road for a much bigger development in the three fields.
- Thakeham’s part in this cunning plot is shown up by an error on the HPW submission that is directly lifted from proposals for a previous Thakeham development off Valebridge Roead, Burgess Hill which is now under construction.
- Unsurprisingly, there is no mention of Thakeham Homes in the application.
Objecting to the application (deadline Friday 13th November):
- You can submit your objection directly via the ‘comments’ section of the application here. This will register your objection immediately – remember you should send in an objection for each member of the household as then each will count as a separate objection. Numbers count.
- Alternatively, you can email or write a letter with your objection to the Planning Officer, Mr Stuart Malcolm, quoting the application number DM/15/4076. Remember, email or write one letter per individual, each will count as a separate objection.Email: Stuart.Malcolm@midsussex.gov.uk
Post: Mr Stuart Malcolm, Planning Services Division, Mid Sussex District Council, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1SS