WHY WERE THE FIELDS INCLUDED WHEN THERE IS A BETTER OPTION?
Mid Sussex District Council want you to accept that 343 houses “must” be built on the fields south of Folders Lane meaning this precious countryside would be lost forever.
THEY ARE NOT ACTING IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE DISTRICT – THEY HAVE REJECTED A BIGGER, MORE SUITABLE AND MORE SUSTAINABLE ALTERNATIVE SITE.
It’s in Haywards Heath, which they believe should only take 25 additional houses, compared to over 500 in Burgess Hill.
Haywards Heath Golf Club is a man made site, not an ancient field system full of wildlife, and it’s ready to take up to 900 houses, meaning other more precious greenfield sites could be saved.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR OBJECTION TO THIS NOW
BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE…
Thank you if you’ve already objected, please do so again if you possibly can – you’re allowed to do it more than once!
PLEASE ACT NOW – HERE’S HOW…
You need to respond to the Council’s Site Allocations DPD consultation. To object, you must state the reasons why there is a much better site available for development than fields south of Folders Lane (called sites SA12 & SA13 in the consultation).
You can object online by following this link
– you are objecting to the Site Allocations DPD.
Or you can object by sending an email to:
– state that you are objecting to the Site Allocations DPD
Start your objection like this:
I am objecting to site allocations SA12 and SA13 (pages 34 – 37), the fields south of Folders Lane, Burgess Hill, because there is a better, more suitable and more sustainable site available at Haywards Heath Golf Course, the site known as ID 503.
Then use any or all of the following points – in your own words if possible:
- The site ID 503 is available and the owners of the land would like to make it available for housing.
- The developer promoting the site is ready to start.
- The current users of the site, the Golf Club, want to move.
- The site will provide more housing than MSDC are currently proposing, creating a larger ‘buffer’ which will reduce the pressure for more greenfield sites to be developed during the life of the District Plan.
- The developers are planning on site infrastructure, including a school and doctor’s surgery, in their proposals for site ID 503. These are not included in the proposals for sites SA12 & SA13, despite these being desperately needed.
We will only win this fight with your support.
PLEASE MAKE YOUR REPRESENTATION NOW
THE CONSULTATION CLOSES 20TH NOVEMBER
This could be the final battle in our fight to save this area from total urbanisation…