For technical reasons because the site is directly adjacent to a listed building the consultation period for this utterly inappropriate application has been re-opened.
We have until 29 April to make representations to MSDC and we urgently need you to add to these. Even if you have previously objected it is very important you do so again as there have been a number of important developments that now need to be raised.
It is vital for the preservation of the greenfield land to the south of Folders Lane that this application is refused because despite the half hearted denials from the applicant it is clear that the development is intended as a forerunner to a much larger application to develop the three adjacent fields.
A draft of a suggested objection letter is available below:
Details of the application, reference: DM/15/4076, can be accessed here.
You can submit your objection directly via the ‘comments’ section of the application here.
Examination of the proposal reveals the following:
- HPW Homes signed an agreement to sell the property to Thakeham Homes on 16 December 2014.
- On the same day Thakeham Homes bought the three fields to the east of Greenacres.
- Shortly afterwards contractors for Thakeham Homes illegally removed all of the hedging in the three fields as well as a number of mature trees.
- They have also felled two very large trees at the eastern edge of the Greenacres plot that would have been a barrier to a road going through into the fields.
- As part of their appeal against a replanting order for the hedges imposed on them by MSDC Thakeham Homes stated they will be applying for planning permission to develop the fields using the Greenacres plot as an access. The appeal failed and Thakeham have been forced to replant the illegally removed hedgerow. Significantly, they have not replanted a 25 metre section adjacent to the Greenacres site where the road would come through into the fields.
- It can be seen from the plan submitted as part of the HPW application that the proposed road running through the plot is in reality intended as the access road for a much bigger development in the three fields.
- Thakeham’s part in this cunning plot is shown up by an error on the HPW submission that is directly lifted from proposals for a previous Thakeham development off Valebridge Road, Burgess Hill which is now under construction.
- Unsurprisingly, there is no mention of Thakeham Homes in the application.
Objecting to the application (deadline Friday 29th April):
- You can submit your objection directly via the ‘comments’ section of the application here. This will register your objection immediately – remember you should send in an objection for each member of the household as then each will count as a separate objection. Numbers count.
- Alternatively, you can email or write a letter with your objection to the Planning Officer, Mr Stuart Malcolm, quoting the application number DM/15/4076. Remember, email or write one letter per individual, each will count as a separate objection.Email: Stuart.Malcolm@midsussex.gov.uk
Post: Mr Stuart Malcolm, Planning Services Division, Mid Sussex District Council, Oaklands Road, Haywards Heath, West Sussex RH16 1SS