Planning Application DM/21/3311 Erection of 8 dwellings at Wintons Farm
This application has been made to build 8 executive homes on land at Wintons Farm, Folders Lane, next to the fishing lakes.
SOFLAG will be objecting to it, and you could help by objecting too.
This is a greenfield rural location and we believe it is an unsuitable and unsustainable site for housing.
We are also concerned that although only 8 houses are proposed now, many more could be to come - up to 120 houses have previously been proposed on a bigger site at this location.
SOFLAG will be submitting a comprehensive objection on behalf of all our supporters, but if you'd like to object yourselves you can do so here on the MSDC website. Or you can email the planning officer - email@example.com
It's application reference DM/21/3311 Erection of 8 dwellings, alterations to site access, provision of car parking along with hard and soft landscaping. | Land At Wintons And Wintons Fishery Folders Lane Burgess Hill West Sussex RH15 0DR
Reasons why this application is unsustainable and inappropriate include:
- The application is contrary to the policies and principles of the National Planning Policy Framework and specifically paragraphs 12 and 176
- It contravenes Mid Sussex District Plan policies DP6, DP12 & DP19
- It contravenes Burgess Hill Neighbourhood Plan policy H2 & H3
- It would cause harm to the setting of the South Downs National Park
- The site has been deemed unsuitable for housing due to risk of surface water flooding
- This may be a “Trojan Horse” application for up to 120 houses
You can read our full objection submission in our document library HERE